What is a Maxi Dress?
was originally inspired by so-called patio, or squaw dresses which were worn by the Native Americans. Though patio dresses soon lost their charm, the ankle-grazing dress style was revived during the 1960s and ever since then has never gone out of style! So, what came out as a funky socialites-wear, is now an essential for every stylish women's wardrobe
. By definition, a maxi dress is an ankle or floor length informal dress that is formfitting at the top and loose flowing at the bottom, cut to flow over the body. It is often made out of cotton or polyester and comes in all sorts of necklines, patterns and colors. You can pair them up with flip-flops for a funky beachy kind of look, or dress them up chunky accessories and summery wedges.
How Should a Maxi Dress Fit?
As a maxi dress
is easy to throw on, chic and super stylish, absolutely anyone can simply slip into one but there are a few things that you need to think about to look your best in that maxi dress.
- Your maxi dress should be long; BUT, not too long. It shouldn't drag on the floor – neither be too short (like above your ankles) or else it would make you look short.
- It should be formfitting at the top and loose flowing at the bottom, to define your body's framework in the most elegant way.
- Watch that print! If you don't have a bold personality, you should stay away from tacky prints. Go for a solid color maxi to make a statement or pick a maxi dress which has a small floral pattern.
Types of Maxi Dresses?
A common misconception about maxi dresses in Pakistan
is that they are only meant to be worn at formal events and evening parties. Maxi dresses are actually quite versatile and can be worn like a pretty uniform throughout the year – in all seasons, at all kinds of events. A few common types of maxi dresses include:
- Bridal Maxi Dress: Ethereal and elegant, that's what every bride wants to look like at her wedding. Bridal maxi dresses are especially made to make the most important woman in the hall stand out. These bridal dresses are no less than the traditional lehengas and look just as gorgeous with their beautiful embellishments and intricate details.
- Crinkle Maxi Dress: Effortless and flattering, you can always count on a crinkle maxi dress to make your summers seem more brighter and more fabulous. Whether it's a vintage floral print or a solid plain color, you can easily style it up with your favorite accessories and you're good to go.
- Halter Neck Maxi Dress: Halter neck maxi dresses add a touch of glam to your personality. They are easy to wear, easy to style and available in so many prints and patterns that you can wear one to a formal dinner or to a crazy party. To add an instant edge to your outfit, try pairing it up with skyscraper heels.
- Long Sleeved Maxi Dress: Such dresses are great for fall season. By choosing the right length of a long-sleeved womens maxis and a pair of statement shoes, you can easily create a fab fall look. Long-sleeved maxi dresses can also be paired with jackets and pants to create a more casual look.
- Off-Shoulder Maxi Dress: Off-shoulder maxi dresses make your beauty bone seem more prominent. When paired with a choker or a statement necklace, an off-shoulder maxi draws more attention to your bare shoulders, making you look more beautiful.
- Pencil Style Maxi Dress: Whether you are going to a party or hosting a show, a pencil style maxis is perfect for any kind of event. A pencil maxi dress clings close to your body and gives you a sexy clean look. You can wear black pencil maxi to a formal event and accessorize it with sterling silver jewelry or pick out a funky colored one and pair it with your favorite jacket for a casual day out with your girls.
- Pleated Maxi Dress: A pleated maxi dress is probably the best choice for a summer wedding. The delicate pleated design makes it floaty and beautiful; perfect for dancing the night away. You can go for darker shades for formal events and light pastel shades for work.
- Short Sleeves Maxi Dress: A must-have warm weather staple that can easily be paired with anything; your flip-flops and a funky floral headband to create a beachy look, or with a light jacket and wedges to create a clean informal look for your regular trips to the mall.
- Sleeveless Maxi Dress: A sleeveless maxi dress can do wonders for you if you take the right steps to style it right. If your maxi dress bears a bright floral print, you can wear some cool-looking flip-flops with it and/or add a piece of statement jewelry to spruce up your look. If your dress is fab & formal, you can pair it with a gorgeous pair of heels to add an edge to your outfit.
- Strapless Maxi Dress: Strapless maxi dresses are perfect for women who are slim and slender. If you aren't on the heavy side, you can easily get away with a strapless maxi without having to worry about anything. Just add a belt around the waist so as to give some shape to the dress - we definitely don't want people to think that you just threw on a sheet.
Where to Buy Pakistani Maxi Dresses Online?
While there are so many options to get a maxi dresses in Pakistan
from, we won't recommend you to trust everything you see on the internet. It's not rare that people get something similar to a large pillow case when they order a maxi dress online. PakStyle.pk is one of the credible name when it comes to Pakistani dresses
for women that promises you a perfect fit every time. Don't hesitate, go on now; check out our diverse collection of maxi dresses with latest collection of more ladies dresses
and order one today to avail amazing discounts with Free Home Delivery nationwide.
In recent years, the global love for maxi dresses has exploded. Maxi dresses are in great demand all over the world because of their spectacular and unique appearance. What makes them distinctive is that they wear a blend of western traditional dress and fashion. They make the lady who wears them feel like a princess....
Maxi is one of the most commonly worn types of fancy wear that is diversely used in wedding and formal wear. Whether you are the bride to be or just an attendee attending the wedding of a loved one, the maxi is the type of dress that automatically comes to the mind. One of the best things about maxi dresses is that they are timeless designs....
Maxi Dresses are diversely worn in Pakistan on festive occasions. Since this silhouette of ethnic dresses is very flowy, giving you free movement to flutter around, has a nice drape, so is figure flattering, and also is much easy to carry than other traditional wear dresses for weddings. Maxi dresses have a frock like a silhouette with mostl...
In South Asian countries like India and Pakistan, Lehenga is one of the most worn outfits by brides. Lehenga is commonly associated as an attire that you would wear to a wedding, whether you are the bride or a close relative of one. This style of a garment has a very festive appeal to it and looks very fancy, as well as suitable for a grand ...
A component of SSFR Pvt. LTD is Sana Safinaz. Sana Safinaz, one of the most prominent and varied fashion labels in Pakistan, was launched in 1989 by Sana Hashwani and Safinaz Muneer. In all of their commercial and creative pursuits, Sana Safinaz is a real trailblazer and innovator who has raised the standard for the Pakistani fashion industr...
Rashid Textile is a well-known brand in the textile industry, particularly in Pakistan. The company was established in the early 1950s by Haji Abdul Rashid, a visionary entrepreneur who wanted to create a textile brand that would be recognized for its quality and innovation. Initially, Rashid Textile started as a small textile mill in Faisal...